LIFE! Lutheran School is owned and operated by the member congregations of the LIFE! Association. The Association provides governance through the elected Delegate Assembly. Current member congregations:
710 E. 17th Ave., Eugene, OR 97401
Rev. Dan Suelzle, Pastor
1369 B Street, Springfield, OR 97477
Rev. John Luther, Pastor
3280 River Road, Eugene, OR 97404
Deacon John Schatz, Pastor
84421 Gaupp Lane, Pleasant Hill, OR 97455
Rev. Chris Curry, Pastor
By the grace of God, LIFE! Lutheran School is to become a place where:
- The educational and spiritual needs of its students are met on a daily basis by Lutheran-trained administration and faculty.
- With the ongoing support of Association pastors and congregation members, LIFE! Lutheran School will radiate the love and care of Christ to students and their families.
- LIFE! Lutheran School will provide effective ministry and outreach that will facilitate growth in our classrooms to nurture each student to reach his or her full potential, striving to do all things to glorify God.
LIFE! Lutheran School, a ministry of participating Lutheran congregations, is established as a Lutheran Christian school for the purpose of academic and spiritual instruction grounded in scriptural truth as understood from a Lutheran perspective.
Through God's Word and the power of His Holy Spirit, we nurture and strengthen children in their relationship with the only true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We teach God’s law, which expresses His expectations for us and our need for the Savior; and the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, which teaches His love and forgiveness for us. We daily share faith in Jesus Christ as a free gift of the Holy Spirit, and His forgiveness of sin as the only means of salvation.
We believe that God is the center of all life and living. Out of this conviction, we provide high quality educational experiences that nurture children’s growth in all areas: Spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional. Our school creates an atmosphere, in which children are valued and respected, are taught to respect and live peaceably with others, and are inspired to extend their vision and love beyond themselves.
LIFE! Lutheran School works together with churches and families to create the most effective learning environment for discovering the truth of God’s Word, and for experiencing and preparing for Christian living. We believe that this Christian community equips our children to become productive, positive contributors to their family, church and society. We teach children to find in their present and future lives opportunities to communicate God’s love in word and deed. By the grace of God, in Christ, we will strive to do all things to glorify God.
With the universal Christian Church, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God's Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.
By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.
The Bible is God's inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.
- Founded: 1978
- Affiliation: Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, the largest Protestant Christian School System in the U.S. with 1406 Early Childhood Centers, 986 Elementary Schools, 108 High Schools and 270,912 total students.
- Registered with the State of Oregon Department of Education
- Grades/Ages: 3-year old preschool through 8th grade
- Religious Orientation: All faiths are welcome. We also welcome families who do not attend church but desire a quality education for their child.
- Child Care: Affiliated with Open Arms Child Development; State Certified program with before and after school activities and care available year round.
- Class sizes: Usually 12 or fewer.
- Capacity: 130 students
- Special programs and classes: LIFE! Lutheran School prepares students for success when they go onto high school. While at LIFE! they will be instructed in the core curriculum consisting of Art, Health, Language Arts, Math, Music, Physical Education, Religion, Science, Social Studies, Geography, and Technology. In addition to the core subjects we also include Spanish, Library, Choir, Guitar, Ukulele, and unique Physical Education opportunities.
- Namesake: LIFE! is an acronym for Lutheran Interparish Family Education Association. This Association exists to serve families by providing and promoting Christian education.
- Mascot: Panther
- Newsletters: Panther Pause
- Colors: Purple, black and white
- Facility: The school is housed inside Grace Lutheran Church at the corner of East 18th Avenue and Hilyard Street. It consists of six classrooms, a school library-media center, a cafeteria/multipurpose room with a stage, and two fenced outdoor play areas.
- Tuition/Fees: Contact school office (541-342-5433).
- Fundraising: Several fundraising efforts support the school and keep tuition affordable for parents.
- Special Events: Back to School Picnic/Open House, monthly Parent-Teacher League meetings, Field Trips, Taste of LIFE! (Food Fair), Lutheran Elementary School Tournament (LEST), Grandparents Day, Battle of the Books, International Fair, Talent Show, and All School Picnic/Field Day.
How can LIFE! Lutheran School offer education that is both "high quality" and "affordable"?
LIFE! Lutheran School has been supported financially by four churches as well as many individuals and families for thirty years. These churches and individuals contribute to LIFE! Lutheran School out of a commitment to their Lord, Jesus. In essence, they have said, “Here is part of the means, now tell families about God’s love for them as you give their children a quality education.”
Are only Lutherans eligible for enrollment?
No. We accept members of other churches and also children whose families do not attend church. This is one of the purposes for maintaining Lutheran schools; Sharing the story of Jesus with families who come to us for a superior education.